Monday, August 26, 2013

A happy birth day

 Birthdays are not super huge events around our house - just ordinary days made slightly better by a little cake, ice cream, and maybe a card/gift or two. I turned 36 on the 23rd, on a very nice-side-of-average day. The first photo captures Jonathan and Anna hard at play outside, while I washed up the breakfast dishes and frosted the cake.

Regrouped, with my mom, for some candle-blowing fun.

Anna, 1.
Mama, 36.
Jonathan, 3 (and reeeeally waiting for that sprayer cake at 4).

Our friends and neighbors, Stan and Charlotte, invited us over in the evening for bubbles,

birthday smores (yes, that is a candle),

and parachute watching.

Here's to another stellar year!

2 comments:

Juntos por la Ruta 40 - Donde la aventura se encuentra con la creación divina said...

Happy birthday!
Elisabeth, ich wünsche dir viel Freude und Gesundheit in deinem neuen Lebensjahr
Rosi

Laurie Longenecker said...

Happy belated birthday Liz. I think I missed it on FB. Ramont too. I can't wait to see what the sprayer cake looks like for Jonathan. Awesome.

I tried refrigerator pickles for the first time this summer and a few other little canning projects here and there. Nothing that would carry us through the winter, but fun to dabble in preserving. I will make a big effort with applesauce as soon as the back to school rush settles down a bit.